There was a flute and piano duo (Tessa Brinckman and Matt Goodrich performing Eugene Bozza’s Agrestide) on Andrea Clearfield’s virtual version of her famous Philadelphia salon! There will be a public rebroadcast of the July 12th ZALON the following week (2pm EST, 11am PST) and it stays up on this link for a few weeks.
Here’s the full program:
INTRODUCTION by writer, artist, scholar-activist, and poet, Angelique V. Nixon from her home in St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
1. Bandoneonist/composer Leandro Ragusa performs his works “Tema de Cata” and “Al trio Quasimodo” from his home in Buenos Aires, Argentina with flutist Nili Grieco.
2. Cellist Steve Kramer performs excerpts from the Unaccompanied Suites by J.S. Bach from his home in Philadelphia.
3. Nicole Francesca Diaz-Pellot, dancer/choreographer, performs to a spoken poem “I Can’t Breathe” by I-SAY-uh.
4. Quire of Cheahs (Phillip Cheah, multitrack recording artist) performs “Sleep” by Eric Whitacre, recorded in his dressing room at his home in NYC.
5. Flutist Tessa Brinckman and pianist Matt Goodrich perform Eugene Bozza’s neo-impressionist and neo-classical virtuosic “Agrestide”, from Tessa’s home in Southern Oregon.
6. Honky tonk soul outfit Weege & The Wondertwins (Lexi Weege, vocal, Aj and Tom Del Negro, bass and guitar) perform from Easthampton, MA.
7. Paul Reisler, will perform some of his original songs and instrumentals from his home in Washington, VA.
8. Singer/songwriters Carol Morgan-Eagle and Daniel Pretends Eagle perform original songs from their home in Taos, New Mexico.